CANTON (HOI) - In a news release, the Canton Farmers Market said they plan to open for the season June 6th.
The market in Jones Park will take place every Saturday through September 26th, but with some extra precautions because of COVID-19.
Here are the changes coming this year. They are guidelines from the Illinois Farmers Market Association:
- Customers must wear masks or other facial covering while shopping in Jones Park.
- Vendor booth spaces will be spread further apart.
- There will be no kids’ activities this year.
- There will be no coffee table, because they cannot guarantee sanitation or distancing guidelines.
- Food demonstrations will not be held.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available.
- We will have standing spaces marked in front of each vendors’ booth to show the 6 ft. requirement of social distancing.
- Customers will be asked to not touch any of the items for sale, but allow the vendor in the booth to bag their selections.
The news release states, "Access to fresh fruits and vegetables has always been an essential part of supporting the healthy lifestyles of our communities. Fruits, vegetables, baked goods, jams, honey, herbs and other locally grown items will be available at the Market throughout the season."