While Aimee Noonan and her family continue with their day-today activities, work has been ongoing in her unit.
She said the Housing the Authority of the City of Pekin maintenance staff have been in multiple rooms over the past week.
"My understanding was they were going to take out the tile that was all cracked and broken up and moldy, but instead they just put the floor on top of the old floor," said Noonan.
She continued to question some projects she said need more attention, like her shower head.
"They did what they said they were going to do, but it's a band-aid for a much bigger problem because it's not going to last very long," added Noonan.
Almost all the walls and floors throughout her unit were wiped with bleach water.
"They did not do my bedroom ceiling. They said that it was because the paint was so uneven, well they're the ones that paint and do all that work...She sleeps in my bedroom so that's one of the most important rooms to do the whole room."
All this done after a report revealed 8 types of mold spores in the air.
Basidiospores were the highest at 2,100.
Aspergillus/Penicillium at 1,200 and Cladosporium came in at 1,100.
Total fungi in Noonan's home was 4,650.
"I had no clue that they were going to do an air sample. I didn't even know that was a thing, so that was news to me. When it came back with all of those I was kind of shocked."
Midwest Environmental Consulting Services did the test in Noonan's Unit.
Robert Mellecker wouldn't comment on these specific results, but said mold is part of our natural environment, inside and out.
"We look for we'll call them some of the indicator molds are aspergillus, chaetomium, and stachyboyrys. Usually if we see those in a higher concentration greater than what's outdoors it is indicative and suggesting that there is a moisture problem somewhere," said Mellecker.
That was the case for Noonan's unit when it came to aspergillus.
"Trying to find the source can be probably the biggest challenge because we don't know where it's coming from unless there's a physical presence that we can find or see directly related to the testing area," said Andrew Whitmarsh, Vice President of 360 Hazards.
The Illinois Department of Public Health's website said that "Even if testing is done, no standards or guidelines exist to judge acceptable amounts of mold."
However, there are potential health effects.
According to IDPH, molds produce allergens, irritants, and sometimes toxins.
Exposure can cause a variety of symptoms including congestion, skin rash, shortness of breath, and asthma attacks.
Noonan said, "You could smell a musky smell. My two older kids never had any congestion or skin issues and since we've moved in here it's been nonstop."
Her youngest daughters cheeks continue to be red too.
So why does Noonan keep fighting?
She told Jessica Cook it's for the next person who will call this place home.
"Hopefully other people around here will reach out and know that there is help out there for them and they don't have to live the way that they're living because of where they live."
As far as any changes in her family's health, Noonan said she hasn't noticed any yet.
"But hopefully it will make a difference. I'm not convinced with what they did that it will. It might for a little bit, but like I said, the way that the things were fixed it's just a band-aid."
Her youngest gets tested for allergies later this week.
Jessica Cook reached out to the housing authority for comment but has not heard back.
As far as the ordinance violation the housing authority was issued in relation to Noonan's unit, Pekin Police said those hearings are done since the housing authority had a mold professional come test for mold.
The Troubleshooters asked Noonan if she has received an apology from the housing authority and she replied no.