Skip to Content

Peoria home damaged by kitchen fire

PEORIA FIRE DEPARTMENT (2)

PEORIA (HOI) - A house fire that started in the kitchen late Monday afternoon left one person homeless for the time being.

Peoria firefighters were called about 4:15 p.m. to a home at 1301 South Greenlawn Avenue.

The fire department said the person was cooking when the fire happened. It started because of a cracked flex line to the stove, firefighters said.

The person escaped before the fire department arrived. The Red Cross is helping the resident find temporary housing.

Damage is estimated at $5,000.

Author Profile Photo

Heart of Illinois ABC

Skip to content